Desktop displays -- 20" LCD (same size as a "21" inch CRT) and larger -- with 1600x1200 DVI digital feed. Absolutely no contest side by side with a good quality 21" CRT.

When I got my 20" LCD, I had the same "problem" -- expensive (CAD$1600), impossible to see one properly before purchasing, and the phantom menace of stuck pixels. Euewww! Yuck!

But then, how bad could something like that really be, compared to the CRT I was using (CAD$3000 new). The R-G-B convergence is *never* perfect on a CRT, not even on my super-adjustable very high-end Eizo -- so most of the pixels are fuzzy, though they don't look it until one parks a nice LCD alongside it. And the darned CRT takes a good 20-30 minutes to "warm up" to the correct calibrated colours, takes up half the friggin table, and shoots goodness knows what kinds of nasty radiation out at me and my cat.

So just broke down and ordered an LCD from my supplier -- read some reviews first to ensure that others hadn't already labeled that particular model as a dud, and just went for it.

Zero. Nadda. None. No.. NO regrets!

Cheers