if the prices were the same, would *any* of YOU (not your theoretical imaginary graphic artist friend) actually choose a new CRT over a new LCD of the same size these days?

Perhaps I haven't seen the right LCD screen yet then Mark. All of the ones that I have used (which have admittedly almost all been laptop screens) have had a significant problem with colour and contrast changes off issue. Doing development, surfing and writing documents this is merely a minor distraction, but whenever I have tried to do colour correction of my photos using an LCD screen I have ended up getting wound up, because even a small movement off axis changes the colour balence and contrast that I see.

Are desktop LCDs that much better that this is a non-issue ? If so I'll have to take a look at one when I come to buy a new display.

P.S. "taking" a look at LCD screens is a problem as well. All the computer shops I have seen with a decent range of screens feed them by a single split, poor quality, VGA signal, which doesn't exactly show them at their best