I'm having a hard time understanding why this branch of the discussion has continued past this point.
Well, what happened is that the offensive language he was using struck a chord with someone on the BBS. Using a derogatory term for any group is very demeaning to anyone in that group, even if the person offended wasn’t the intended target. While racist language shouldn’t be used at any time or place, doing so on an international BBS is just inviting someone to be hurt and offended by your words.

Should people take the moral high ground and ignore such slanders? It’d probably be the healthiest and most profitable reaction, but it also isn’t reasonable when dealing with human nature. It’s hard to ignore demeaning insults, and one shouldn’t be surprise that poking a sensitive spot should elicit a negative reaction.

I choose the words I put down on this board. I don't "react" to other people's (whoever they may be) inflamatory comments. He only puts his bait out because you take it.
Like yourself I try not to let people control me with their words. I’m not perfect in this area, however, and I know that there are offenses that would be too great that I would have to speak out, and probably in a very negative manner. It’s easy to tell someone they shouldn’t be offended when the slanderous words weren’t aimed at you. I have no idea what being called a “raghead” would mean to me if I were in Heather’s shoes.