Bitt, I agree with you 100% about Bush and Ashcroft using the "War on Terror" to take away the personal freedoms and liberties that make this such a great country. Everything that patriots have fought and died for throughout our history is being thrown away for the mere illusion of security. Worse still, the citizens of this great country don't seem to care very much: "why should I care about my privacy if I don't have anything to hide?"

Back on topic: The problem with peaceful ways of dealing with Iraq is that we can't think of anything else. Weapons inspections failed last time and they are failing again. The embargo hasn't done much of anything and although we've isolated their country politically, Iraq doesn't seem to be changing their behavior. The only way that Saddam will disarm short of war is at the point of a knife. If he knows that he can not delay and argue any more, that his country is facing imminent invasion, that unless he disarms, he will either be killed or arrested as a war criminal, then he might disarm. If he still were to refuse on D-Day-1, I don't think there are any peaceful ways to convince him otherwise.

-Biscuits