I think our main problem is that the media does not care about the truth, they care about selling newspapers and magazines and cable advertisements. Thus, they are going to only portray the most emotionally wrenching stories from either side without ever giving us a fair and balanced view of the real situation. No one wants to listen to a history of the various UN resolutions and the subsequent Iraqi violations of them; they want to hear about the poor mother of 6 whose husband was tortured by Saddam for failing to win a soccer tournament. There are thousands of news sources around the world. True, most may all print the exact same story from Reuters or the Associated Press, but there are enough out there that you can generally find alternate views and better reporting on most important stories. Read the New York Times or the Economist for once instead of merely watching Fox News or listening to the sound bytes on the radio.

Here is a funny clip of a guy interviewing antiwar protestors. Now, I know there are going to be just as many pro-war people that are ignorant and some of the people at this rally may have known what they were talking about, but I think this illustrates the plight of the average world citizen regurgitating the rhetorical nonsense they were told by the media:

http://brain-terminal.com/articles/video/peace-protest.html

-Biscuits