Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#73272 - 19/02/2002 21:23 Get hijack to suspend player
cshuttle43
journeyman

I'm trying to use ir_translate to use my steering wheel mounted controls to activate and deactivate the player. To deactivate the player, it's possible to have the Source button emulate a long press of the top button on the player, suspening it. However, it requires a press of the bottom button to wake the player back up.

This is all well and good, except for the fact that the steering wheel control emulator is only smart enough to accept one code per button. Hence, I can't assign a function to the controller that says "when I press the top button, begin playing" and then "when I press this button again, simulate me pressing the bottom button to wake the player up".

Bottom line: I want to take the top button and make it an on/off toggle switch. I don't care about the other sources (I don't use them) and I don't care about the pause feature. What IR translation will make this happen?

Thanks!

#73273 - 19/02/2002 22:29 Re: Get hijack to suspend player [Re: cshuttle43]
ClownBurner

Loc: Irvine, CA USA
Easy! Shift!

What you basically want to do is this (you'll need to use actual codes instead though - i don't have my player handy so this won't work unless you use actual button codes here)

<button>.S=<player_on>.S ;When shift lock is ON, the button turns the player on and turns shift off
<button>=<sleep>.S ; this turns the player off and then turns shift lock on

See this for the complete scoop...

#73274 - 19/02/2002 23:57 Re: Get hijack to suspend player [Re: cshuttle43]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
or here! There's a FAQ people!

I tried to make the FAQ entry more concise and easy to follow than that page.

#73275 - 20/02/2002 13:44 Re: Get hijack to suspend player [Re: loren]
phillos
new poster

Would it be possible to use IR translate to actually turn the player off (rather than standby)? This would be useful as my car does'nt have an accessory postition on the ignition (and hence no switched 12v).

Thanks!

#73276 - 20/02/2002 14:11 Re: Get hijack to suspend player [Re: phillos]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Hrm... I don't see any way to do that with Hijack. Maybe Mark could add another symbolic name for "power".

#73277 - 20/02/2002 16:49 Re: Get hijack to suspend player [Re: cshuttle43]
cshuttle43
journeyman

I was able to get it to work with the following instructions:

20df07.S=20df03.S
20df07=20df03.LS

These codes represent the tuner button shifting control between suspend and play. I probably could have gotten the "power" button on the remote to do it, but it kept cycling through sources first. Since I only use the player, and have no need for the tuner function, this works just ducky.

Thanks everyone for your help!