Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#73131 - 19/02/2002 11:47 Feature request for JEmplode
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
One thing that I've been taking advantage of in Windows for years is the ability to press a letter key on the keyboard to jump to that position in an alphabetical list. For example, if I've got a folder open to "C:\", and the windowpane with the folder list is selected, then pressing the T key will jump my cursor selection to the TEMP folder underneath C:.

Win95 extended this to allow you to type a name and go to that name (if you typed quickly enough). This is even more useful.

This was implemented in Emplode's screens, as well, following the Windows conventions. I can press a letter or even type a song/folder name and it will jump me to that location in the visible list, provided I have the correct windowpane selected.

I would like to see this feature be available in JEmplode. Currently, none of Jemplode's screens respond to a letterpress in this fashion. I would especially like to see it in the file selection box, but in the playlists as well would be nice.

Can this be done?

#73132 - 19/02/2002 16:06 Re: Feature request for JEmplode [Re: tfabris]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
I'll have to look into this ... The file chooser is a built-in component (though source is available and you can override most behaviors). I've never tried to modify that particular component before though. Or would it always be "jump-to-title"?

So if you hit a key in the table view (of the playlists) would you expect it to jump to the "T" of the currently sorted column? (i.e. if you sort by Title, "T" would go to "Tonemian Rhapsody", but if you sort by artist and hit "T" then it would go to "Tony Fabris"?)

Mike

#73133 - 19/02/2002 17:49 Re: Feature request for JEmplode [Re: mschrag]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Good question, I don't know. Fiddle with Emplode and see how it handles it. Remember, pressing T is only one of the things you can do, you can also type a full name.

#73134 - 19/02/2002 19:18 Re: Feature request for JEmplode [Re: tfabris]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
your wish is my command ... you can type in the new version .. it's up at www.jempeg.org