Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#73649 - 21/02/2002 05:06 Help! - I just accidentally overwrote /empeg/bin/d
h_blake
stranger

Loc: Bedford, UK
I was attempting an ftp save-as from Ultaedit and accidentaly saved my file as /empeg/bin/d.

Is this file essential for the operation of the player - do I need to replace it with the correct file before I reboot?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

#73650 - 21/02/2002 06:02 Re: Help! - I just accidentally overwrote /empeg/bin/d [Re: h_blake]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
I was attempting an ftp save-as from Ultaedit and accidentaly saved my file as /empeg/bin/d.

Is this file essential for the operation of the player - do I need to replace it with the correct file before I reboot?

It's not essential at all. It's a script we use to squirt new player binaries on during development. The only reason it's there in releases at all is to save us the minor hassle of zmodeming it back on again every time we put releases on our development units.

Peter

#73651 - 21/02/2002 06:59 Re: Help! - I just accidentally overwrote /empeg/bin/d [Re: peter]
h_blake
stranger

Loc: Bedford, UK
Peter,

Thants for that - I thought that might be the case having looked at /empeg/bin/g but not having seen the file contents wasn't sure.