robricc: I have been looking into protecting the switch for some time now. The best I can come up with in my situation is wrap it in shrink wrap and melt it on there with a hair dryer. I plan to try this soon.

If you consider your connections permanent -- "done" and not likely to be revised -- you might also consider getting some long lengths of 1/2" or 5/8" heat-shrink tubing and using ~8-10" of the stuff on each connection. Snug it up as close to the body of the switch as you can (and heat/fixate the end near the switch first) to cover the connectors, then finish with some silicon caulk (black, to resist UV). If you form a drip loop on each cable before you heat it, The heat-shrink once cool will tend to reinforce the loop. You'll need a heat gun (or a bloody dangerous hair dryer!). If you are patient, some pieces of heavy black trash bags may take the place of shrink wrap.

Heat shrink tubing can be outrageously overpriced. I get 3-foot lengths from a local marine electrical place and it's less of a rip-off than the blister pack variety.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.