Originally Posted By: Dignan
Originally Posted By: canuckInOR
Originally Posted By: Dignan
I also think that folks like us don't want to admit that usually/often/mostly the best stuff tends to bubble up to the top.

Just because it's "the best" (and popular) doesn't make it good. There are a large number of people who aspire to nothing beyond mediocrity. If you can distinquish between mediocrity and excellence in some area -- and care about the differences -- you have to do your due diligence before resigning yourself to accept that what's popular really is the best that's currently available.

It's weird how the first half of your response miss-characterizes what I said and the second half basically sums up what I said.

Or did you not think that my comments about trusting Google searches extended to using critical thinking when it comes to App Store results? That would be weird.

Oh, no... it was probably just a poorly thought out/edited response -- more of a "yeah, here's why I don't want to admit it." Usually what happens for me is I try the popular app, see a dozen glaring issues with it, and then say "there has to be something better." Then I'll go through the same process you do only to discover, no, sadly, this is the best there is.