Originally Posted By: DWallach
- New features for Google Voice. It's not dead yet, right?

I don't expect any "new features" for Google Voice. Unless you count "being swallowed by Hangouts" a feature smile I'm a little worried about all that. I'm not the biggest fan of Hangouts, which is a little hard to use.

Quote:
- Android TV vs. Chromecast seems awfully confusing, from a consumer perspective at any rate.

Lots of people are saying this, but I don't really get the confusion. Chromecast is a cheap device that lets you send stuff from your mobile device to the TV. Android TV is a device in your home theater that brings you content (Android TV just happens to also be a Chromecast).

I guess it's just me, but I actually find the Chromecast to be fare more cumbersome to use than my Google TV is. I'm able to bring up content to view much faster on my Google TV than looking it up on my phone and sending it to my Chromecast. More importantly, controlling content on the Chromecast is awful. I rented a movie through Google Play a couple weeks ago, and my remote control capabilities consisted of a single button: pause. Even if I had more control, I don't want it on my phone. I hate using a touch screen to watch TV (we've chatted about this before), so I look forward to trying out Android TV's remote.

In the end, I see Android TV on the home's main home theater, and a Chromecast on all the other TVs in the house.