Originally Posted By: msaeger
What is with having to charge these things so much ? I have been using an old Logitech keyboard / mouse combo with one of those proprietary receivers and the batteries (AAA's) last for years. I keep seeing the new wireless mice that have charging docks so they really suck the power so much that you need to stick it in there everyday?

First: years? I'm sorry to doubt you...but I doubt you. First, I'm going to assume "years" means two or more years. You're saying you really got away without replacing a couple AAA batteries in a wireless mouse for "years?" Even if you used it once every three-four days, I can't imagine the batteries wouldn't discharge before then. If you were talking about your keyboard, then I could almost believe you. Keyboards use their batteries much more lightly. But I haven't had a wireless keyboard that lasted longer than around six-nine months on a pair of AA's.

Second: "everyday?" Like I said, I charge my Logitech MX1000 about once every one-two weeks, depending on usage, and it has to be at least four years old now (I'm amazed it still holds a charge). My wife forgets to plug her brand new Logitech in, so I end up doing that for her about once every couple months. Hell, she got it for Christmas, and I think it's only been charged about three times! Then again her desktop isn't used heavily...