When someone is using an iMac with a wireless keyboard, chances are they don't want to add a wire for their brand new track pad. It's clean.

If I were Apple there's no way I'd make a wired version. It wouldn't sell. Ok, maybe one sale. It would cost more money to stock two skus and just generally be a miserable idea. But, having one product support both configurations would allow more versatility. They'd still probably not recoup the extra costs involved in the more complicated design - within a fraction of a percentage, the number of units sold would be "the same."

Apple only releases a successful product when the market is sufficiently primed for it. They need to make sure the technology is there that they can offer a compelling product but at the same time the customers need to accept that product. Case in point is the iPod, iPhone and iPad. Failed case is the Apple TV. While I doubt they lost money on it, it was simply released too early - it wouldn't have done appreciably better even without its iTunes limitations and underpowered CPU.

Anyway, what about that monitor? Finally a decent resolution (2.5k wide) from Apple at a more manageable size. The 30" was really too large and the pixel density too low when compared to their new notebooks. I'm only wondering when their 4k beast is supposed to come out. Oh, sorry, did I say that out loud? I'm surprised they've eliminated the 24" model though.