I recently upgraded my MkIIa from 2.0beta13 to 3.0alpha11. I partitioned a new hard drive manually and applied the software (3.0alpha13), then transfered all my fids from my two previous drives using cp -auvfx and am running it as a single drive unit for the time being. I am running Hijack 440 and telnetd. I have also modified player using set_empeg_max_fid.v7. I have not added any memory to my unit and I do not have a ReserveCache statement in my config.ini.

The problem came about when I began adding more music to the player. I had a few hundred albums to add, and I found trying to add them all at once choked jEmplode v70 (was running out of java heap space, I think). I would be interested to know if there is a solution or workaround to this problem. Running under Linux.

So I began adding my albums in 50 album chunks to get around this memory issue. After doing so twice (adding 100 albums), the next time I resrtarted the player, it rebuilt the music database. Now it does it every time, sometimes giving me a segfault before it gets to 100% complete. I am unable to run jEmplode, Emplode 2.00 or 2.10.

I have been through this forum and the FAQ looking for answers, but nothing seems to solve my problem. I have manually rebuilt the database, I have tried player -i, and I have fsck'ed many times.

Here is the error I get when trying to manually rebuild the database:

player.cpp : 587:empeg-car 3.00-alpha11 2005/07/25.
! tags.cpp : 61:Failed to open tags (0xc0041002).
! memory_stream.cpp : 42:MemoryStream failed to allocate memory.
! memory_stream.cpp : 42:MemoryStream failed to allocate memory.
! tunedb_disk.cpp : 878:Failed to build database. Bad. 0xc007000e.
! fidfile_disk.cpp : 1214:Why did write return zero for offset=0, size=0?
! fidfile_disk.cpp : 1214:Why did write return zero for offset=0, size=0?
Prolux 4 empeg car - 2.1485 Jul 25 2005
Vcb: 0x4073a000

Any help would be greatly appreciated.