Quote:
But I wouldn't be calling the member function "process", I'd be naming it after what it does, therefore a comment wouldn't give me anymore information than what the line of code does! :P

1. See John's Post

2. Sometimes you don't get any control over what the functions you're calling are named, especially if you're using generic utilities.

3."Process", in the real world from which I took this example (it isn't real code, but it is a real concept), is the right name for what is happening to the account- that's what the users call it. In fact, the button they push is called "process". So it's not as generic as it sounds. However, if I leave it at that then any programmer wanting to know more about what the code is trying to accomplish has to go to external documentation and read about what "monthly processing" is. I'd rather give an overall description right in the method so anyone coming behidn me (including myself) can follow my train of thought.