Okay guys, I didn't take any of what he said the way you guys think I did (as a personal attack), and I'm not attempting to start a big flame war. If bbowman had said "the current implementation is not ideal", or "it's more difficult than it could be", that'd be fine. But to say it's horrendous? And then his solution to this allegedly horrendous process is to develop a voice recognition system which is going to recognize your lyrics? You've got to be kidding me.

All I'm trying to say is:

1) Adding time tags is not "horrendous." About a half a dozen people on the BBS have already tagged several albums each, in not much more than the time it takes to *listen* to those albums. With many more people doing so once a proper GUI tool is developed, we could all have a nice library to build off of. The WinAMP plugins (which I assume you've used if you're saying it's horrendous) let you just hit a key or click the mouse to insert the current time tag. Is that so hard?

Also, justinlarsen is working on a site where we'll be able to post them, so not everyone will have to tag every album they own. Oh, by the way, are you all aware that lyrics to virtually every song written are already on the Internet? So the idea that you have to hand-type them out first (Bitt) is utter nonsense. All you need to do is find them on the Internet, double-check them for accuracy, and then add time tags to them, which takes about the same amount of time it takes to listen to them. That's horrendous?

2) A solution involving performing voice recognition of the lyrics and lining untimed lyrics up with the lyrics in the audio file is so far out of the realm of what can be done on the empeg car audio player (OR even an Altix 3000), it's absurd to even suggest it. It's one thing to criticize something, but to try to buttress your point by suggesting an alternative, you should probably make sure that alternative has a basis in reality.

I could have probably stated my case without the "Jerk" comment, but I was late for lunch, so that was the one word that summed up what I was feeling at that particular moment. Yes, calling bbowman a jerk was uncalled for, but for someone to nay-say when there are plenty of people who are contributing to this effort is also uncalled for. bbowman, I apologize for degenerating into name-calling, but I hope you recognize that it's not as difficult as you've made it sound, and there are no other legitimate options. It's either what we have, or it's nothing.

Next time I'll just follow mlord's advice and ignore the nay-sayers.