I see where you're going, Bitt. There is the potential for that, or, to be more blunt, I have no way of predicting exactly what word within a line should be on screen in horizontal mode. All I know is there's X amount of real estate for that line to cover in Y amount of time. That's why I added the above caveat about long periods with no lyrics, so people can work around it a little bit (although I do impose a minimum speed to keep things within reasonable limits.) I do also provide for a time offset to begin the next line a little early so it shows up towards the middle of the display instead of the rightmost edge. Then there's the obvious concept that using a smaller font increases the chance for the current syllable being on screen...

My point is that I can't imagine anyone will go through the labor of adding time tags to syllables, and I don't see a problem with the way it's scrolling right now. You're more than welcome to try it out with some more syncopated tunes, and if there's an issue, I'd be happy to try to find a solution.

f you're using vertical scrolling mode, this is moot, because the entirety of the current line (and several of the next lines) are on screen.

Edit: Editted variable names. Derrick : Math :: Bitt : Grammar

Edited by yn0t_ (12/02/2003 11:42)