Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#324927 - 06/08/2009 17:03 connecting the amps up...
crazyplums

Loc: E.Sussex, UK
finally i've decided it's time for the empeg to stop hiding under the tv and for it to go in the car instead, in the past i've installed plenty of stereo's but, normally stuck with amp'd rear speakers and sub or, 4 head unit driven speakers and an amp'd sub. easy, however, it's been far too long since i've done anything other than plug in a head unit!

so, i have a toyota lucida (estima, previa etc), a big mpv basically. i want sound front and rear + sub. i've got a pair of amps to run the front and rear speakers and i can see how they connect to the car cage phono plugs, but, how do i connect the 10" sub which has it's own amp too? i'm guessing the aux cable but, i'm not sure if that's aux in or out!

before ice got technical i used to run a pair of 6x9's off a 2channel bridgable amp, the sub also ran from the bridgable terminals via a crossover thing but, i was told later that this was not advisable, so i'm a bit stuck.

i'm not into all the mid range and tweeters, spare batteries and all that so simple will do! 1pr 6-8" front door speakers, pair of 6x9 rears (i think) and a sub,

i know there's a simple answer but my head isn't playing ball lately!

appreciate a simple answer!

thanks.
Hugh

#324930 - 06/08/2009 17:14 Re: connecting the amps up... [Re: crazyplums]
tman
carpal tunnel

The aux line is aux input. I guess you'd need a crossover of some kind on the sled front outputs to attach your sub amp.

#324931 - 06/08/2009 17:22 Re: connecting the amps up... [Re: tman]
crazyplums

i guess you mean some kind of two way output, one line in, then it splits it so it has two lines, one goes to sub amp and the other to the speakers?

cheers,
Hugh

#324932 - 06/08/2009 17:37 Re: connecting the amps up... [Re: crazyplums]
crazyplums

just a thought... if anyone here owns an ICE shop (uk) and wants some nice new signage, i'm happy to barter against some car audio!!

worth a shot!

#324933 - 06/08/2009 17:47 Re: connecting the amps up... [Re: crazyplums]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Originally Posted By: crazyplums
but, how do i connect the 10" sub which has it's own amp too?

Believe it or not, I actually made a FAQ entry for that one.

#324953 - 07/08/2009 06:07 Re: connecting the amps up... [Re: tfabris]
crazyplums

Originally Posted By: tfabris
Originally Posted By: crazyplums
but, how do i connect the 10" sub which has it's own amp too?

Believe it or not, I actually made a FAQ entry for that one.

i should've guessed!! thank you Tony, i think for simplicity for now (and cost) i'll go with the y connector option.

cheers,
Hugh