Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#204198 - 13/02/2004 13:21 Another Reason I Love My Empeg
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
As some may recall, I'm currently recording the CD that will never be finished (a function of only having enough time and $$ to do a little every month) and boy am I finding the recording process involved! There's always new tracks being added and changes made to the mix.

Anyway, because of the way we're doing things (being complete newbies at it) and I live in a different city from by best friend who has the recording equipment, every day I'm going home, downloading changes he's made to the cuts, loading them on my empeg, and listening to them on the way to work. I only just now realized how completely impractical this would be with a CD player. Just one more instance of taking this awesome power for granted.

#204199 - 13/02/2004 14:29 Re: Another Reason I Love My Empeg [Re: JeffS]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yup, I use the empeg to preview mixdowns and stuff all the time. Mine and my friends' who make albums. Very sweet.

You can burn CDs of these things, too, but it's just so much cooler to use the empeg than to waste media on temporary mixes.