Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#9112 - 06/06/2000 15:11 authorized resale
Liufeng

Loc: Alaska
This post may be premature but here it goes. I'm sure empeg hasn't spent much time considering this, but what is empeg's current position on authorized retailers. Say when full production begins and probably not for two years, when you have more than one product. I for one would be interested in reselling your units here in Alaska. Perhaps even "empeg" recommended amps and speakers.

Just a thought for discourse.

Reg_2845 Serial #00173
Reg #2845: Mark 1 #00173, Mark 2 #119, Mark 2a

#9113 - 06/06/2000 15:37 Re: authorized resale [Re: Liufeng]
Fogduck

Loc: BC
> empeg's current position on authorized retailers

Not to speak for empeg, but as a customer and a reasonably net-savvy individual and closet audiophile:

Welcome to the Internet Economy. For the time being while the empeg is a niche product, it is still more than sufficient to market it over the Internet and take on the road to trade-shows for exposure.

I'd rather not have the overhead of distribution channels and the training of store staff added to the price of the empeg and its accessories, and added to the work-load of the company.

Maybe when empeg is a much larger company, but for now, I think it would be premature and wasteful.

> Perhaps even "empeg" recommended amps and speakers

Well, signal is signal. What you amplify and vibrate with isn't specific AT ALL to the signal. I could see empeg doing it to try and help mutual sales with some other audio electronics company, but whats the point -- other than a gimmick to non-discriminating consumers.

- - - MK2 #141 12GB Queue #5723 (SOLD) MK2a 30GB + grn + tuner + blk empeg case

#9114 - 06/06/2000 17:34 Re: authorized resale [Re: Liufeng]
eternalsun
Pooh-Bah

Loc: San Jose, CA
You could make that work if you do the installations as well.

Calvin