Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#61634 - 21/01/2002 00:51 What are these options?
jbauer
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Can anyone shed some light on what the quit option does? I tried it, and it added a "quit" option on my menu. Once selected, it turned my empeg off until I rebooted! Why would I want that?

What about the "aux in naming"? What's that for?

- Jon

#61635 - 21/01/2002 00:57 Re: What are these options? [Re: jbauer]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
AUX IN Naming allows you to name the AUX source.

Quit will probably (i'm guessing here) allow you to quit the player application which will drop you to a shell prompt (on the serial connection) with the developer image of the software. You can also quit the player over serial by typing "q"

Bruno

#61636 - 21/01/2002 01:09 Re: What are these options? [Re: hybrid8]
jbauer
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
The fields that are given under the Aux In Naming field are:

Artist, Title, and Album...

Doesn't seem like what you said...

- Jon

#61637 - 21/01/2002 02:15 Re: What are these options? [Re: jbauer]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Aux in naming is so that you can name the device. For example if you had a Sony CD player as the Aux-in, you could name it "Sony CD".

The Quit menu option is only useful if you are a software developer and you have created an alternate INIT file or a shell script that gets run whenever the player exits to the shell prompt. For instance, before Hijack was available, I used the Quit option to exit the player and run a "picker" shell script that allowed me to change whether Voladj was on or off, and also I could choose to play Tetris.

The reason Quit seemed to lock up your player is that you didn't have any programs set up to run when the player exited. So it just dropped to the shell prompt and waited for you to type something at the shell prompt.