Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#48501 - 29/11/2001 20:35 The Lost Tribes of SonicBLUE
jimhogan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA, U.S.A.
After about 6-7 slices of pepperoni pizza and a read of the new RioVia (oh, it's stiil called ReplayTV) thread, I nodded off and had a few wierd dreamy thoughts. In my quasi-pepperoni dream it was, like, ....say October/November 2002...and I was reading the following threads on the BBS....

- New EOL price drop listserv set up at cargo-cult.org

- Who's thinking of buying a "spare" Replay?

- Digital River labeled my Replay "we dunno....it *could* be a suitcase nuke" and I've been chatting with the RCMP.

- tanstaafl looking for somebody to re-solder busted Replay ethernet (the hanglider wouldn't have crashed if the little honda generator was a bit lighter!)

- *someone* in the Netherlands has figured out how to pipe VCR+ codes to their Replay and is looking for a volunteer to build a GPS interface.

- Mark Lord announces the first successful conversion of a Replay into a suitcase nuke.

- Tony writes the suitcase nuke FAQ

Was I dreaming? Anybody else?

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.

#48502 - 29/11/2001 21:05 Re: The Lost Tribes of SonicBLUE [Re: jimhogan]
BAKup
addict

Loc: Houston, TX
LOL, it's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything, or I'd have to clean my monitor.

Note: Check to see if the pizza doesn't have any special ingredients...

#48503 - 30/11/2001 09:16 Re: The Lost Tribes of SonicBLUE [Re: BAKup]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Omigord, I was, and I have just spent the last 5 minutes wiping tea drips off the screen. Luckily I have a detachable screen filter...

Truly a funny piece, sir. I can just see Doug cycling up the mountain side on his feet-first, headphones plugged into his trusty empeg, towing a mini-trailer draped with ripstop nylon and aluminium piping with a small red generator perched on the back...

Incidently, just where do you buy this pizza? Do they deliver to Europe?
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#48504 - 30/11/2001 09:22 Re: The Lost Tribes of SonicBLUE [Re: schofiel]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Incidently, just where do you buy this pizza? Do they deliver to Europe?

Just pray that it's not SonicBlue delivering the pizza or it'll show up a month later, except that it'll be a stromboli or a bundt cake or something.

#48505 - 30/11/2001 12:27 Re: The Lost Tribes of SonicBLUE [Re: tonyc]
BAKup
addict

In reply to:

Just pray that it's not SonicBlue delivering the pizza or it'll show up a month later, except that it'll be a stromboli or a bundt cake or something.

But there'll be an even chance that what they deliver is more expensive, and a small chance it'll be something else you wanted anyways.

--Ben

10G (Soon to be much more) MkIIa 03012576

#48506 - 30/11/2001 12:27 Re: The Lost Tribes of SonicBLUE [Re: BAKup]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Touché.

#48507 - 30/11/2001 12:35 Re: The Lost Tribes of SonicBLUE [Re: jimhogan]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Genuine tears are streaming down my face from laughing so hard.

We need to collect the funniest BBS posts somewhere.

#48508 - 30/11/2001 12:49 Re: The Lost Tribes of SonicBLUE [Re: schofiel]
jimhogan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA, U.S.A.
schofiel: Incidently, just where do you buy this pizza? Do they deliver to Europe?

One of the not-so-good things about Seattle is that local pizza, IMO, is not very good. So, once or twice a year, like the other evening, I treat myself by having a large pepperoni delivered by a place in Boston (Pino's in Cleveland Circle).

I *guess* Pino's would deliver to Europe, but doubt it would be worth the effort. Think about it: since I'm 3 hours behind Eastern Time, my pizza arrives hot. In your case, I think you'd have to reheat.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.

#48509 - 30/11/2001 13:28 Re: The Lost Tribes of SonicBLUE [Re: jimhogan]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
since I'm 3 hours behind Eastern Time, my pizza arrives hot. In your case, I think you'd have to reheat.

Ooohh, I never thought of that! I guess it wouldn't work for me in Alaska, I'm another hour later even than you are. I'd get my Pizza and it wouldn't even be cooked yet!

tanstaafl.

#48510 - 30/11/2001 16:13 Re: The Lost Tribes of SonicBLUE [Re: tanstaafl.]
BAKup
addict

Ooohh, I never thought of that! I guess it wouldn't work for me in Alaska, I'm another hour later even than you are. I'd get my Pizza and it wouldn't even be cooked yet!

So being in Houston, I'm guessing I'd have to reheat it, only being an hour behind...Or I could just go to Star Pizza(Yum!)