Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#359507 - 27/08/2013 14:58 HTML syntax to *prevent* the automatic date/phone number detection?
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
On my iPhone, any time I surf to a web site that contains a phone number or a date/time stamp in the text of the web page, the browser automatically turns that number into a clickable link. If it's a phone number, the link dials the phone, if it's a date, the link opens the calendar and makes an appointment.

On a web page that I control and whose HTML code is written by me, is there some kind of HTML syntax that I can put into the page which will disable this feature?

(Uncle Google is not finding anything for me.)

#359509 - 27/08/2013 15:40 Re: HTML syntax to *prevent* the automatic date/phone number detection? [Re: tfabris]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK

#359511 - 27/08/2013 15:46 Re: HTML syntax to *prevent* the automatic date/phone number detection? [Re: Roger]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Perfect! That worked!

Interestingly, the "telephone=no" part also seems to apply to dates. Even though the syntax would indicate that it should only change the telephone detection. Dates were the thing I wanted to shut down on this particular page, so this works well for me, if a bit weird.