Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#345266 - 20/05/2011 03:24 Rio Central Remote Code
Hollywood Justin
journeyman

Can anyone tell me what the universal remote code is for the Rio Audio Center? Also, is anyone aware of where or who I can buy a remote from? I bought mine used online and the guy didn't have one. I tried my Rio Car remote and I think my Kenwood empeg remote to no avail. (On a side note, is thing customizable like the empeg and is there a lyrics program like emphatic for singing along like a karaoke machine would do?)

#348112 - 16/10/2011 06:27 Re: Rio Central Remote Code [Re: Hollywood Justin]
Hollywood Justin
journeyman

I'll attempt to answer my own question: I searched a remote-control-codes database and believe that the code is 1869, although I have not been able to verify that as I don't own a universal remote that will accept that code. However, I did purchase an L5 infrared remote accessory for my iPhone and I created a remote with codes for both the Rio Central as well as the empeg/Rio Car remote and uploaded them to the server available as public domain. So if you own an iPhone with an L5 I believe you can download and modify these remotes. And finally, I was able to procure a remote from replacementremotes.com in case anyone else needs one.

#348663 - 31/10/2011 21:29 Re: Rio Central Remote Code [Re: Hollywood Justin]
softspoken
new poster

You can start a music playlist on the central from a computer using jemplode and also stop it playing, too. Highlight a playlist under all music and hit play.

#348775 - 03/11/2011 08:29 Re: Rio Central Remote Code [Re: softspoken]
Hollywood Justin
journeyman

Yes, you're right, although I don't believe you can insert or append items onto the currently playing list using emplode/jemplode connected to the Rio Central, but you can do this while connected to an empeg. In other words, you can't make a playlist on the fly for the Rio Central from emplode/jemplode.

#348831 - 04/11/2011 10:44 Re: Rio Central Remote Code [Re: Hollywood Justin]
softspoken
new poster

I have never found the remote to be very useful. You are correct about the very limited control, I wish it did more.