Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#261454 - 26/07/2005 17:32 Show your appreciation for 3.00alpha11
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
A few months back, many of us, including myself, mentioned that we'd be more than happy to pay for development of a new Alpha release for the car player. Discussion was in this thread.

Since then, we've been given two new alpha releases at no cost to ourselves. I know that all of us are very greatful for a new alpha especially with the large number of us that have added RAM to our players. For quite a while now, one valued member of this BBS offered a $350 reward for Japanese fonts! When it was mentioned that peter and the other empeg guys should collect their well deserved "reward", peter was big hearted enough to reply:

Quote:
There's no need for a $350 reward. If anyone desparately wanted to rid themselves of $350 after downloading the next release, I'm sure either these folks or maybe this lot could find something useful to do with it.

As some of us may have missed it, I thought I'd collect all of this in one post. If anyone is inclined to make a donation to charity for the work of the empeg gods, they certainly have the information to do so now. I don't really think there is any point in posting here how much you did or didn't donate because none of us want this to turn into a competition or guilt trip for those of us not in a situation where we can donate but maybe a little email to empeg would brighten their day if they knew their hard work was not only benefiting our community but was also doing a little good for the rest of the world out there.

#261455 - 27/07/2005 19:21 Re: Show your appreciation for 3.00alpha11 [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
adavidw
addict

Loc: Utah, USA
I went and made an (admittedly small) donation to the EFF to say thanks for Alpha 11. But, I couldn't figure out who to put in the notification part of the form to notify that a donation had been made in their behalf. I was going to put in Peter's address, but that's kind of ignoring the work Dave did for alpha 10. So, I just went ahead with the donation, and thought I'd come here to post and say that it's for everyone, and thank you to all.

#261456 - 03/08/2005 13:52 Re: Show your appreciation for 3.00alpha11 [Re: adavidw]
Taym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Roma, Italy
So did I.
I've always been an admirer of EFF, and this was a good occasion to give them a small amount. Thank you all.
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg

#261457 - 04/08/2005 01:54 Re: Show your appreciation for 3.00alpha11 [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
caseyse

Loc: CA, USA
I'll make a donation, but let's not forget about everyone else who contributes to the community. While some do charge for their contributions (mainly supplies, not their time), others have been freely giving their time to all of us over the years.

Last year, I donated to Mark for all of his labors on Hijack (which resulted in a bottle of wine).

So, let's not forget everyone who spends their time hosting this site, helping others on the forum, or providing us neat tools/utilities.

Thanks everyone!

Sean

#261458 - 04/08/2005 02:22 Re: Show your appreciation for 3.00alpha11 [Re: adavidw]
Daria
carpal tunnel

Loc: Providence, RI
Quote:
I went and made an (admittedly small) donation to the EFF to say thanks for Alpha 11.

I just did the same.

#261459 - 06/08/2005 15:24 Re: Show your appreciation for 3.00alpha11 [Re: caseyse]
FireFox31
pooh-bah

Loc: East Coast, USA
Thanking our BBS admin by donating to last year's "Send Drakino to Europe" was nice because we got the added bonus f getting to meet the man, the myth, the legend.