Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#254704 - 19/04/2005 17:12 player wont remember its spot in playlist or new settings
imlikinthebass
stranger

in the car, my player will not remember where it left off in the playlist. instead it it starts at the last song in the playlist. also upon rebooting in the car it wont remember any change in the settings such as EQ, visuals, etc. thanks for the help.

RJ

#254705 - 21/04/2005 22:35 Re: player wont remember its spot in playlist or new settings [Re: imlikinthebass]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
This sounds like a problem with the flash memory. All of the things you describe (its position in the playlist, the visuals, etc.) are stored in flash.

Did the player work fine before this problem happened? Did you change anything on the player, such as upgrading the hard disk, right before the problem started?

#254706 - 22/04/2005 01:00 Re: player wont remember its spot in playlist or new settings [Re: tfabris]
imlikinthebass
stranger

yes the player has worked fine for about 2 years before tis happened. prior to putting the player in my current car it sat idle for a while and one of the hard disks crapped out. so it is unplugged. the hard disk that crapped out was a 4 gig that was added to the origional 12 gig. thanks for the help!!

on a side note, if i unhook the memory wire from the wiring harness it does not change the way the player acts(acts same way with it disconnected or connected) and i changed the 3 amp fuse to see if that helped. so this makes sense

#254707 - 22/04/2005 04:31 Re: player wont remember its spot in playlist or new settings [Re: imlikinthebass]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Okay, two more questions:

When the hard disk was replaced, did you follow the procedure in the Disk Upgrade guide, and did the builder image seem to work correctly?

Does the player exhibit this same behavior when using the indoor power supply (i.e., without a docking sled, just plugged into the AC adapter)?

#254708 - 22/04/2005 10:14 Re: player wont remember its spot in playlist or new settings [Re: tfabris]
imlikinthebass
stranger

the previous owner installed the exttra drive. so im not exactly sure if it was done right. ill have to check about how it acts indoor. thanks

#254709 - 22/04/2005 14:07 Re: player wont remember its spot in playlist or new settings [Re: imlikinthebass]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

If it acts fine indoors and only exhibits the symptoms in the car, then there is either a wiring error (you said the memory line disconnection didn't change the player's behavior, so it's likely to be this problem or something related) or you might have the negative spike bug. Also check for this problem and review and test all wiring connections.