Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#23806 - 17/12/2000 19:46 New FedEx/customs victim
gbeer
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manteca, California
FedEx called 12-12-00. Customs form 5106 "Importer ID" was required. I sent it back on the same day. That was 5 days ago. FedEx seems to be shy on people who can provide answers beyond what can be found by checking the tracking info.

#23807 - 18/12/2000 05:04 Re: New FedEx/customs victim [Re: gbeer]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
They usually ask for importer ID, and it doesn't usually cause any delay at all. Armed with a tracking number you should be able to get an update from FedEx customer services, but if not please contact dispatch@empeg.com or support@empeg.com and someone here will chase it up.

Rob

#23808 - 21/12/2000 21:22 Re: New FedEx/customs victim [Re: rob]
gbeer
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manteca, California
The FDA (yes, the food and drug admin) finally noticed
there is an IR remote control included. They require
more paper work. :p --Glenn

>Hi,
>
>Believe it or not, its to do with the unit having a
>infared remote control, even though it contains as much
>power as a tv/hifi remote ! I will be ringing Fedex
>later ontoday to clarify the situation.

>Regards,
>--
>Abhi Karki, empeg Customer Services

#23809 - 22/12/2000 03:08 Re: New FedEx/customs victim [Re: gbeer]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Yeah, the FDA form goes out with every empeg - five copies are generated automatically, one of which is electronically imaged direct to the FedEx agent handling the import in the US.

We raised a major complaint about paperwork going "missing" all the time and got an assurance that it wouldn't happen any more. When FedEx called about this one I had a few words and they went away to fix it. I see from online tracking that it still isn't fixed so I'll give them a call today.

Abhi hasn't been here long and probably wasn't aware of this - sorry for any confusion!

Rob