Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#179359 - 16/09/2003 10:35 wierd..
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
i was just browsing microsofts msdn. searching for how to sign an activex control. i typed in 'sign activex' under technical resources in the search bar on their site and it brought me to a page with 0 results. thats not the wierd part.
whats wierd is when that page loaded a javascript prompt popped up saying 'microsoft is conducting a survey right now. please enter your email address so we can contact you with the results of your search.' thats not verbatim but pretty close. i found it very odd. i clicked cancel and viewed the source on the page. i dont believe that prompt came from microsofts page. the only other pages i have open are this board and a cookie tutorial. im clueless. none of these pages have a javascript prompt in their source.
in trying to get it to prompt me again i refreshed the page a couple of times. on one of the refreshes the search terms returned results. more than 20 in fact. refresh again. 0 results. im confused

#179360 - 16/09/2003 11:14 Re: wierd.. [Re: RobotCaleb]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
I've seen that survey prompt quite often on MSDN.

#179361 - 16/09/2003 15:30 Re: wierd.. [Re: RobotCaleb]
Anonymous
Unregistered

maybe it's hidden in a frame. or maybe a page with the script redirected to a new page right after the script executed.

#179362 - 16/09/2003 16:00 Re: wierd.. [Re: ]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
yeah, i considered those. what i think struck me as wierdest was that they would do a random survey thing through a javascript prompt. youd think theyd be more technically savvy than that