Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#160716 - 09/05/2003 10:31 ir_translate codes for faster volups/downs
decay
journeyman

Helou.

I know this info is _somewhere_ on this bbs, but the bbs is too friggin' large d=)

I've been muddling with my config.ini with help from riocar.org's FAQ, so. You guys, I bet you can solve my problem w/o thinking

I have Mk1, Kenwood KCA-R6A remote. I want the volume ups/downs to be faster. So, I'm trying this on config.ini:
00000002.L=VolUp,VolUp,VolUp,VolUp ;for faceplace
00B94614.L=VolUp,VolUp,VolUp,VolUp ;for remote
...and so on.

I have this on my config.ini:
[output]
notify=1
and my software is v2, newest hijack just installed.

What's the correct codes for this to happen the way I want it to? I've tried several codes with .L and so on, thing is. Everytime I do a long right-press on my faceplace the vol jumps up ~3db:s and then starts rolling 0.5dbs. I want the volume to adjust on a ~3db scale.

Got it?

Damn, it's friday night. How long does it take for an answer? *grin*

Thanks.

#160717 - 10/05/2003 11:02 Re: ir_translate codes for faster volups/downs [Re: decay]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
I don't know of a way to do what you want with any existing Hijack features. Also, this has been discussed quite recently in other threads, and the upshot was that perhaps Hijack should just take over the volume controls 100% -- that way we could fix this annoyance, and also have independent volume memory for each source, on AC or DC power.. etc.

Cheers

#160718 - 11/05/2003 10:57 Re: ir_translate codes for faster volups/downs [Re: mlord]
decay
journeyman

Oh, that's strange.

I though this could be easily done the way I was trying, well, guess I'm wrong again

Well. Seems like I need to wait for the upcoming versions of Hijack. Thanks!