Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#101440 - 26/06/2002 00:59 Wendy Filters
GeoffT
journeyman

Loc: Coventry, UK
I have set up Wendy filters to allow me to filter in/out tracks based on whether myself, my GF, or both of us are in the car. I know there is a known bug, which means that filter settings are lost when the unit is switched off, but I have a question about how exactly the filter is applied. I have checked the FAQ and it is not explained in there.

If, for example, I am in the middle of a 100 track playlist and apply the filter “both” which avoids tracks that either of us don’t like. The “f” symbol is shown on the display and the total number of tracks is reduced to 75 as I would expect. If I then switch the unit off and on again, although the “f” symbol is no longer displayed the total number of tracks as still shown as 75 as if the filter was still on. Any new playlists selected, however, are not filtered. Does this mean that when a filter is switched on it actually filters the current playlist to create a new reduced playlist ? Is this a one off action because I notice that if I take off the filter while still in the same playlist, the total number of tracks does not go back up?

Geoff

#101441 - 26/06/2002 01:18 Re: Wendy Filters [Re: GeoffT]
furtive
old hand

Loc: London, UK
Sorry to hijack your question with a question, but how do I work Wendy filters?

#101442 - 26/06/2002 02:28 Re: Wendy Filters [Re: furtive]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
that's in the FAQ... as usual.

#101443 - 26/06/2002 10:02 Re: Wendy Filters [Re: GeoffT]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I think you're describing a variation of the bug "Music" just reported in the "Bug List" forum.

It's on the internal bug list now, so it will probably be fixed in a future release.