I bought it without knowing that it was all covers. I was very surprised to discover that fact when I began listening to it.

I think that "Heart of Gold" is a cool twist on the original, as well as the spooky version of "I'm Not in Love". My favorite is the very-plain piano/voice rendition of "Enjoy the Silence".

I don't think the point was to make covers that were as good or better than the originals. I think she wanted to deliberately twist them, and I think she did a great job.

Okay, for a different frame of reference on the topic, who here likes Andy Summers' song "Mother" on the Police album "Synchronicity"? It's a very unpleasant piece of music, right? It's the track you always skip. Okay, but how about viewed in this light: It was Andy's attempt to twist a twelve-bar blues riff so far off the mark that you wouldn't recognize it as a blues song any more. Now give it another listen in that context. You might still not like listening to the tune, but you can at least appreciate its artistic merit.