Nightingale is a solo project from Dan Swanö, who obtained most of his fame with the Swedish death medal band Edge of Sanity. It's metal-inspired, but really varies from classic rock to goth rock and just has a few metal-esque moments. No real death metal sound to be found on his three albums. Dan plays all the instruments.

Here's a discography with some short reviews of the albums.

"I" was the third album released, but was a "prequel" in that it occurs chronologically before the first two albums "The Breathing Shadow" and "The Closing Chronicles."

Amazon does, in fact, list "I", that's actually where I purchased it from. Not sure if they actually sell it now or just have it listed for used copies. Try here. Hopefully that link works. They also at one time carried The Closing Chronicles. The Breathing Shadow is harder to find, but it's available (along with the other two) through Black Mark Records' site. There is another Nightingale album called "Alive Again" which will be released in the future, though an exact date isn't announced yet.

If you are really interested I can float you a couple MP3's to give them a listen first. Somehow I doubt you'll find them on the P2P networks.