I got around to finally playing with my GPS V today, and I definitly like it so far. One complaint, my dash is anti sticky. I ended up having to buy some 3M mounting tape to get the base to stay put, and it's still a bit loose. Though I can't hold that against Garmin.

I also grabbed the handlebar mount from a local store (They had the GPS III for sale, and the accessories were for the GPS II, I think they need to update their stock :-). Finally got it on my motorcycle after a bit of decision making, and it works out well. (I had to mount it on the left side, due to the middle part of the bar having a big bolt head keeping the mounting kit from getting around the bar). I let it lead me on a trip to Garden of the Gods, and was amazed it had all the small roads for the park in it. Unfortunatly the turn notification sound is worthless on the bike, but since it has some tweaks for the turn notifications, it should work well as long as I look at it from time to time.

I wish the ETA to next turn would update based off the recent average speed, since it kept saying I'd be somewhere earlier then rush hour traffic would allow.

I figure I might try out the handheld GPS functionality tomorrow by visiting a Geocache.

And in case other owners missed it, 2.05 of the software came out on the 11th, download it here http://www.garmin.com/products/gps5/download.html