Okay, i got it Friday and started using it a little this weekend. So far i'm impressed. I'm comapring it mentally to the $1600 system that Rob (CruzThs) had, and for 1/4th the price with almost all of the same functionality, i'm doubly impressed. Oh... and it's TINY!!! When they say handheld they meant it. I was amazed when i opened the box, i had thought it would be twice as large. Build quality, looks and usability are all up there on the scale. I used it Sunday to direct me to a BART station (which was in the mapsource info... nice) to pick up a friend and then to the airport, and it worked great.

I can see what you guys were saying about slow map redraws and quasi-late turn notifications. It was never so bad as to cause me to miss a turn, but it was close in some instances. The map redraw is pretty bad at times... i haven't expiremented with turning off some of the map details though, which i'd assume would help out on that front. Rerouting and routing in general isn't superfast, but it's not too bad. The thing could definitely have benifited from a faster processor though.

The one problem i had was when i was testing it to get me from Cesar Chavez Park in Berkeley, home to downtown San Francisco. I got on the interstate, and it thought i was on the service road which runs directly next to I-80 South. This caused it to freak out when it realized i was actually on the interstate, and it spent the next minute trying to recalculate a route. If i didn't know where i was going it wouldn't have told me to take the SF exit in time... but that's what signs are for i guess. It didn't figure out where i was and a proper route until i was on the bridge. Other than that little flub, it did very well.

Overall, i'd give the unit a B or B-. It has flaws, but for the price, you can't beat it. It's funtionality matches that of systems that cost way more, and it's tiny and portable. I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for a cheap turn by turn GPS for your car.