Originally Posted By: Dignan
Are there cord cutters here?

Our family is probably better described as never-corders. We have so much stuff available to watch for free, and not enough time to watch it. Incurring a monthly expense so that we can have even more is foolish.

I think in the last couple of years, the only live TV we've watched has been Stanley Cup playoffs, and that's been OTA. We've never subscribed to cable or satellite, nor paid for Netflix, Hulu, or anything else. My wife has Prime for the shipping (because of her company) but doesn't use it for watching media. For TV shows, we'll wait until stuff hits the network's website. Otherwise, it's Youtube or DVDs.

Our library has a great and growing DVD collection, a large (though rather esoteric) selection of streaming titles, and we sometimes pick stuff up at garage sales/rummage sales for pennies on the dollar.

Our personal media collection is (slowly) getting ripped, and put onto a plex server (running on a freenas box powered by an Intel Atom). Our plex server is fairly out of date, so I'm looking at alternatives before I go updating it. Maybe jellyfin...