I may sound harsh, but if that did not carry with it issues for so many employees, I'd wish them to go bankrupt. What they did is insanely unethical. It is yesterday's news (I think), that this is extending to more 3 liters engines, quite popular in EU also.

I do hope they don't gat away with it easily.

I am particularly disappointed because I've owned VW for quite some years. My first car was a VW Polo, which I owned for 2 years flawlessly.

The stellar reputation VW had had for years here in EU, and my own direct experience, made me buy an Audi A3 in 2003 (pictures of it are on this board, my Empeg has been in it forever basically) almost out of blind trust in the brand, besides liking the model very much. I owned it until 2013. 10 years.

The list of issues I had with it is almost unreal. Engine head issue, AC issues, finishing and interiors material issues, xenon lights issues, and in particular a clutch issue that VW seemed unable to fix for two years and seven (7!!) visits at their official repair shops, more and continuous smaller issues here and there, and eventually a SECOND engine head issue (!!) made my fast and shiny A3 a real pain to own. Problems were, in my opinion, way too many to be ascribed to an "unlucky" unit. I think VW at some point started to give up on quality trying to leverage their incredibly good reputation (at least here).

This scandal seems to confirm my suspicion that some serious, deliberate poor management was happening. While it is hard/impossible to know what really happened inside the company, and I have no evidence of my own experience with my A3 is in anyway linked to Dieselgate, well, you know what, they're definitely not having me as a customer again in the foreseeable future.

Also because my next car will be a Tesla Model Y. I hope. wink

Edited by Taym (26/11/2015 11:45)
Edit Reason: Tesla Model Y
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg