I am not a Cree devotee. Yesterday I picked up another six A19 60W equivalent bulbs and put them in.

The tricky/expensive part of going LED for me is that not all ZWave switches work with them. The cheap switches I put in my house just go nuts when trying to handle LED bulbs, and can't even turn them off.

So, I'll be slowly replacing some of my automation switches with better models (ones with neutral wires) and I'm starting with places where the lights are on the most. We keep some outdoor lights on during the night for safety, so I expect to see energy savings there pretty quickly. At ~10-11 hours per night, we should recoup the cost of the bulbs in well under a year (and the cost of the new switch in about 3 years smile ).

In other places, I took advantage of the lower heat output we discussed further up. The two fixtures in our garage are rated for 60-75W bulbs, but I've put two Cree 100W eq. in there and now when I go into the garage at night I have a fantastic amount of light. I love it.