Originally Posted By: wfaulk
I would guess it was a Mustang.

My guess is probably not, as that would be the cheapest Mustang you could buy. If you can afford a luxury car you're going to be wanting the GT, which is somewhere north of $30K for your Mustang. Or at least, I'd think you would.

To be fair, I think Ford has done a fantastic job in this arena. I bought my wife a 2010 Escape earlier in the year and was very impressed with the whole Sync system.

By comparision my Infiniti G37 is lacking, though if I'd not played around with the Ford I'd have never noticed. In practice, what the Infiniti has works fine (especially if you're willing to dedicate an iPod to live in the car), but it's suprising how behind the Ford it is.

On a humerous side note- the Infiniti has a dedicated hard drive and you can rip CDs to it, but I've yet to put a CD in the system yet (and probably never will). I probably would've killed for that option 12 years ago . . .

As for the car being an accessory- well, I wouldn't have bought a car I couldn't use with my iPhone, so I guess I'm in that camp. Actually, my initial requirement (from driving my wife's Escape) was bluetooth streaming, but the cars I looked at (IS250, G25/G37, A4) didn't have it, or at least not without a major upgrade. Having had it in the Ford this suprised me, but I conceeded to having a USB connection on the G37.

Edited by JeffS (24/01/2012 18:12)