Originally Posted By: Dignan
I don't know guys, I think this might be a case of "I hate company x. I've bought 37 things from them and they all failed miserably. I'll never buy from them again, and only buy from company y."

I never said that. I said I indeed had problems with them in the past, but, exactly because I didn't want to be biased, I decided to give them another try. Stupid me I guess.

I also didn't say I'll only buy products from brand Y. I only know I'll never buy Linksys products again. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice,... well you know. By now I've been burned five times or so by Linksys. I think that's enough, don't you?

I also agree with Tom. If you start changing internal components, up to the point where you'll need to use different drivers, you either need to give the product a new name, or develop universal driver packages. The way they do it now just won't do.
Trevor also puts his finger exactly on the sore spot. Much of the WRT54G model's success has to be accredited to Tomato or DD-WRT. The model by itself is pretty basic otherwise.