Just months after planning a break for the world of Mac, I'm planning on diving further into Windows. For that, I am sorry smile

Essentially, I'm in the process of purchasing Windows 7 upgrades for the three computers in our household.

For the first, I have a copy of Windows XP 64 that should cover it.

For the second, my laptop, I'm really hoping that the recovery CD counts. I have an MSI Wind and a USB DVD drive, but I haven't been able to find out how that will work with just the recovery disc, if at all.

It's the third computer I need help with. At one point I bought an OEM copy (through Newegg) of Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. I recently found the case with the discs inside it...all except disc one. D'oh! Now I've been trying to find a way to get that disc replaced, but have come up empty. The guy on the phone at MS was unsurprisingly unhelpful, and couldn't even tell me if this was feasible or not.

Naturally, it's my fault I lost the disc, though through 3 moves since I bought that OS it's a wonder I can still find anything. I'm just hoping there's some recourse for me. Does anyone know of one?

Thanks for your help.

This all really makes me appreciate Steam.