Originally Posted By: andym

Hmm, it's the whole decoding and recoding thing that makes the broadcast engineer in me recoil in horror.

I know <shudder>.
The PVR350 does a surprisingly good job though.You can encode at a fairly high bitrate (8<mumble-but-m-or-M>b[p]s) though.

[edit, actually it's worse - it goes from the sky box RGB output (and it is RGB) to a decent VCR (yes, a VCR) that has an s-video output - and that is what is recoded]

We may have a big^H^H^Hhuge screen - but it doesn't hurt that we sit a fair way back!

Originally Posted By: andym
Out of interest, where do you get your EPG data from? From what I understand, when presented with DVB-S MythTV grabs it's EIT data from the FreeSat EPG. Even if you have a DVB-S card in your backend, how do you get data specific to the Sky premium channels as I understand the Sky EPG data is encrypted.

Radio Times has everything we need (and I was the one who wrote the original +1 offset code for the XMLTV rt_grabber to get fake +1 channels when RT don't publish them)

I don't know about film/sport channels though, we just want SciFi and Sky One smile

Edited by LittleBlueThing (08/10/2008 20:15)
Edit Reason: added ugly hack