Thanks for the tips, all. Yes, my sister had it priced insanely high. I dropped the price nicely below the dealership competition in my area according to AutoTrader (and I don't have much lead on the private party competition for this car).

I am a patient man. We have driveway space for this car, and I sure don't mind offloading one commute per week on it. Plus, it was EXCELENT on the unpaved highways during the one snow storm we had this year; would have never made it in my front wheel drive 2000 V70.

Here's the AutoTrader ad if anyone's curious. I should write a much better description (because good descriptions get me hooked on AutoTrader). But come on, that photoshoot I did outshines every other private party seller I've ever seen by two orders of magnitude (1, because I actually have pictures, and 2, because I have all 9).

I should seriously stick it on the side of our busy traffic light highway. I still swear THAT is the way to sell. But I need to know someone with that real estate.....