The guide data is downloaded from satelite during the course of the day and is stored in a database on the hard drive. Whenever you move through the guide in any view mode, it has to query the database for a selected range of content so it can display it. What I dont know if how far ahead they extend the query and how well the cache individual queries, if at all. There is a lot more data to be displayed and a more complicated query used, when using the DirecTV-style guide (the one I prefer as well).

Any time you're looking at TV listings data, regardless of display mode (Guide, Search, etc...) it's looking into the same listings database and just using different queries to bring up the matches. Anyone remember the database question post I made many many months ago with the lame "recipe book" example? Well it was for TV data usage.

Using a cachecard on Series1 machines improves all DB access times, so you get (MUCH) faster guide usage, much faster browsing of saved searches, now playing, season passes, etc..

Bruno