For no good reason, my house generates more dust than many dirt track rally car races. All that plays hell on my computers, most notably their fans.

Last night, my power supply fan (of almost 3 years) finally died. So, I ghetto rigged it by swapping in a fan from a 486 case on my trash pile (including splicing the modern power connecter on by twirling the wires together and wrapping with electrical tape). But this just won't do. I'm not a throwaway guy; I like to buy for keeps.

So, does anyone know of any top quality fans for computer power supplies and CPU heatsinks? Yes, ball bearing over "sleeve". But my knowledge ends there. A quick search showed the German brand Pabst was an excelent brand. But I'm not sure what size the PSU and CPU fans are (PSU=80mm?). And then I had a hard time finding a PSU-sized fan with a two-pin connector. That led me to voltages and wattages, which I know nothing about. Which led me to you all, since this BBS brims with more ohms and amps than I could ever want.

Back on track, does anyone know the size and wattage (voltage?) specs for a CPU and PSU fan? And any place to buy these things? Using Google to find a place to buy something like this is akin to reading an e-mail account I haven't checked in years; wading through page after page of spammy www.sil3nt-coolerz-4-less.com sites.

Thanks much. I need to stock up on thiese things so I NEVER have to worry about my dust bunnies getting caught in the fans ever again.