I got the Audiovox Sirius tuner with the RCA patch cord kit (I mentioned this in the Off-Topic forum) and I'm having a small problem.

I hooked it all up and I am only getting the right channel with audio. It is a 1/8" mini-stereo to RCA plug cord plugging directly into the empeg AUX cables. When I fiddle with the mini-stereo jack end by partially inserting it into the Sirius receiver, I can get some audio thru the left channel. When all the way seated, I get right channel only. The meter indicate full signal on the right channel and a little noise on the left, maybe a 10% indicator on the meter. This sounds like I have a bad cord in the kit, and not a problem with the aux RCA cables on the empeg, correct?

It just occurred to me, though, that I should be able to switch the white->white and red->red cables to be white->red and red->white to see if I do have a bad connection on the empeg sled or not. Will this work? I need to run down the the truck at lunchtime and check it out. Otherwise I was going to try to find another patch cord to make sure that's the problem before going back to the store. Swapping red and white should be OK right? Thanks for any input!