Got my new MkII earlier this week.(It shipped to me on Tuesday morning in Texas after ordering it on Sunday afternoon!) Loaded all my songs. Will install it tomorrow. But I'm trying to set up a custom logo in the meantime. I'm following the instructions in the FAQ exactly. But I'm getting the following error as once I run "Download.exe output.bin a000" from a DOS prompt:

Read 0 bytes.
Read 0 bytes.
Read 0 bytes.
Read 0 bytes.
Read 0 bytes.
Error status in readbyte 16
Read 0 bytes.
found empeg unit: entering program mode
manufacturer=0089, product=88c1
waiting for prompt
starting erase [Read 0 bytes.
erasepage(a000) got code ff

I get a bunch of "Read 0 bytes" as soon as I execute the command. Then I get the error as soon as I plug the Empeg back in.

I know I'm using the right COM port version of Download. I know I've got the right Serial port. And I know it works. (I had to re-load the player software using the Upgrade tool in Emplode via the COM port since I tried to download a kernel too and that basically made the unit un-bootable. Thank God that worked!)

Any ideas? I've searched the forum and haven't seen anyone else with this problem. Apparently, others get the Error Status message, but it still flashes successfully. Any help will be much appreciated!

- John
Queue #15154
Red #080000487