This board has the best, most thoughtful collection of knowledgeable people I know of. And that covers geek and non-geek knowledge: after all, where else can you go to learn how to smuggle toilets from Canada, or harass neighbors with or without RC cars, or hear more about spiders than most of us ever wanted to know?

I'm looking to get into wireless networking, both at work and at home. I've read reviews, and I've just finished plowing (ploughing?) through this bbs' postings over the last year without finding any sort of consensus, other than that lots of people like the Linksys WET11 bridge and using wireless in your car to automatically open your garage door is way cool.

So, I thought I'd see if I could flatter you all into compiling your thoughts and real world experiences for posterity.

If you are currently using wireless, what makes/models of devices are you using? Did you find incompatibilities between various devices? Was there anything unusual about your setup (i.e., line of sight throughout your house)? How did you secure it (has it been broken into)? What sort of range and interference have you seen (physical or rf)? And, of course, anything else, fact or opinion, you'd like to add.

Many thanks,

-jk