Well, I'd say if the theory has removed God from the picture for you, then that's a personal choice.

I meant that people were looking for something, ANYTHING, that they could believe in that wasn't God, or creationism. They needed a theory that didn't have God involved. No God, no more having to live under the rule of religion.

And if you are a Christian, you believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God, meaning everything in there is fact. Thus, you couldn't be a Christian and believe that God used evolution.

On the other hand, there is way too much design involved in our own planet to say that it all just somehow 'came together' I know that they said it took billions of years, but that's just an easy way of making it so there's no way to possibly test your theories. It's like if I said 'Sure, I can fly, I just need a million years to get myself prepared to do it.'

I still don't understand why we're forced to choose. I mean, I wish they didn't teach either one in school. How about we worry about teaching the English language or basic math.

Edit: I also think it's wrong that it is being taught in schools as fact, when it's not. I've had many people tell me that they learned that evolution was a proven fact.

Edited by Banacek (24/03/2003 22:41)