"Enqueue in Winamp" in IE?

Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

"Enqueue in Winamp" in IE? - 29/01/2004 15:10

I'm using Mark Lord's web interface (seems quicker to load than the CharcoalGrey one for what I'm doing) and currently I'm clicking and dragging links to my Winamp playlist. Sometimes, my wireless mouse thinks I've released my hold on the button and will immediately start playing the url before I get a chance to drag it to the playlist in Winamp. Embarrsing when a song cuts like that during a broadcast!

Does anyone know how to get Internet Explorer to add "Enqueue in Winamp" to the Right Click menu?

My other option was to use something cool like Spacial Audio's Broadcaster and remove Winamp from the equation. It's a sweet program, but it would need to see a networked or mapped drive and I don't know how (if possible) to make the empeg appear as one.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: "Enqueue in Winamp" in IE? - 29/01/2004 15:28

Haven't tried this, but...

You could theoretically edit the file type to add that option and put the proper command line parameter for "enqueue" which is "/ADD" if I recall correctly.

Re: "Enqueue in Winamp" in IE? - 29/01/2004 15:32

Only I can't figure out how to edit the MIME behavior of an MP3, only its behavior in explorer...
Posted by: DeadFire

Re: "Enqueue in Winamp" in IE? - 29/01/2004 22:36

Perhaps you won't want to leave it set, but on the File Types screen of the Winamp Preferences, checking Enqueue as default action seems to do the trick.

Re: "Enqueue in Winamp" in IE? - 29/01/2004 23:11

Deadfire. You rock.

And Tony. You already knew that you do.

Re: "Enqueue in Winamp" in IE? - 30/01/2004 11:45

Heh, thanks. Deadfire's solution is the right one, of course. I'd forgotten about that option in WinAmp.
Posted by: DeadFire

Re: "Enqueue in Winamp" in IE? - 30/01/2004 12:48

... of course.

Ha. You say that as if I'm never wrong. But that's your job.

Re: "Enqueue in Winamp" in IE? - 30/01/2004 15:21

I had forgotten about that option too. It's not a new option by any means. I always thought it was rather silly until now! I'm loving the Control-V and Shift-V options too! Go Winamp!