"Hijack Config Error" at bootup

Posted by: Brandis

"Hijack Config Error" at bootup - 19/03/2002 17:09

Starting about a week ago I have been getting a message that said "Hijack Config Error" on my player at boot up. All the functionality seems to be there but this still concerns me.

Today I reverted back to the last non Beta version of the software and the message went away, so I upgraded to the Beta 11 version of the software and still no message, so I added the latest Hijack (I love the animation!) and the error is back.

Not sure what I did to cause this, and certainly stumped on how to get rid of it. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

Chad | MkIIa 30GB Blue
Posted by: tfabris

Re: "Hijack Config Error" at bootup - 19/03/2002 17:26

There is something in the [hijack] section of config.ini that is incorrect for that version of Hijack.

As the Hijack options change, you will need to edit old entries in config.ini to prevent the error. For example, Mark recently removed the features for doing the Flancedoor visual name substitutions, so those need to be removed if you've got them in place.

You also might have a corrupted config.ini that's over-sized because of the repeating favorites bug.

Take a look at your config.ini and see what's incorrect about it.

Loren, something for the Hijack FAQ, perhaps?

Re: "Hijack Config Error" at bootup - 19/03/2002 17:33

Yeah I assumed it was something with that file, but since I haven't edited it at all I wanted to check here before attempting to hack at it

Re: "Hijack Config Error" at bootup - 19/03/2002 17:35

If you haven't edited the file at all, then your problem is most likely this one. Please read that FAQ entry.

And Loren, get this into the Hijack FAQ, willya?

Re: "Hijack Config Error" at bootup - 19/03/2002 18:09

You nailed it in one. Thanks man!

Re: "Hijack Config Error" at bootup - 19/03/2002 18:38

NP.
Posted by: loren

Re: "Hijack Config Error" at bootup - 19/03/2002 19:05

Sheesh. Gimme a sec, some of us are in CRUNCH mode here. =P

There ya go.